If you or a member of your family has a need for physiotherapy treatment, but has difficulty leaving home either due to mobility impairment or life circumstances, then HouseCalls Physiotherapy is only a phone call away. We have extensive experience providing treatment for the elderly in home, retirement residence and long-term care settings. Services we provide include:
- Falls prevention exercise programs, such as the Otago protocol.
- Bone building exercises for osteoporosis.
- Injury and fracture prevention advice, measuring and fitting for hip protectors, arranging installation of grab bars and other adaptive aids in your home.
- Progressive therapeutic exercise programs for acute conditions, such as post fracture, post stroke or due to general debility to help recover strength and mobility, and longer term programs to help keep you mobile.
- Exercise programs to minimize decline of mobility for progressive conditions such as Parkinson’s Disease or MS.
- Assessment and prescription of mobility devices such as walkers and wheelchairs, including completion of Assistive Devices Program applications for funding and arranging for equipment trial from your local vendor.
For more information about our in-home physiotherapy services for the elderly, or to request a visit please contact us.